Coronavirus and alcohol addiction recovery
Useful resources when you are in lockdown
The Alcohol Health Alliance UK is a coalition of more than 50 organisations working together to reduce the harm caused by alcohol.
Members include medical royal colleges, charities and treatment providers.
What we’re calling for:
- A minimum price of at least 50p per unit of alcohol across the whole UK
- Health warnings and nutritional information on labels
- Restrictions on alcohol marketing to protect children and vulnerable people
- A fairer and healthier alcohol duty system
- Better access to specialist support for at-risk drinkers
What we do:
- Highlight the rising levels of alcohol-related harm in the UK
80 people die every day from alcohol-related causes in the UK. Alcohol harm costs NHS England £3.5 billion annually.
- Propose evidence-based solutions to reduce the harm caused by alcohol
Reducing the affordability, promotion and availability of alcohol are proven to reduce its harm.
- Influence decision-makers to take positive action to address alcohol harm
Helping lawmakers understand the seriousness of alcohol harm is a vital way to tackle it.